Languages: Hungarian (native), English (working language)
Specialist areas: software localization, marketing, advertisement, finance and accounting, business, civil engineering, environmental protection, literary translations
Education and qualifications
1985–1986 Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest; postgraduate translator training course (technical translator and interpreter diploma)
1972–1977 Technical University of Budapest; M.Sc. civil engineering
1990– Freelance translator
1977–1989 Sewerage Works of Budapest; site engineer at the construction department, later project manager at the R&D department
- Six English novels and two corporate financing/accounting textbooks translated for various publishing houses.
- Foreign Ministry press releases for two years.
- Various publications of GKI Economic Research Company.
- Software localization (MFG/PRO, Exact, Canon), Corel promotional materials, HP and Xerox manuals, Microsoft Office.
- Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Lenovo Thinkpad T480 i5-8250U 32GB notebook
- ADSL internet access
- CanoScan Lide220 scanner
- Brother HL-L2350DW Mono laser printer
- Windows 10 Pro, MS Office 365, dozens of Hungarian/English electronic dictionaries, other English dictionaries, encyclopedias, reference materials
- SDL Trados Studio 2021, memoQ, GT4T
- Moderator of the Translators’ Electronic Forum in Hungary (since 1995)
- Developer of a commercial macro kit for translators (WordFisher)
- Guest lecturer on CAT at postgraduate university translator training courses (BKÁE and ELTE)
- Certified memoQ trainer (2009)
- Author of WordfisherBlog discussing practical issues in computer-aided translation (2016)